At Kind Karma, we have found that a consistent yoga practice has tremendously helped children with Special Needs and Abilities(ADHD, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome,
Learning/Behavioral delays/disabilities, Sensory Disorders and more). In class, we integrate the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs and skills of each individual child.
Rather than inviting the child to enter our world, we enter their own special world and try to look at the world through their eyes in a safe, nurturing and gentle environment.
How can yoga benefit my child with Special Needs & Abilities?
1. Increases the ability to relax
2. Increases the ability to be in the present moment
3. Encourages proper use of breath(deep breathing/breathing exercises)
4. Increases Muscle Control and Motor Skills
3. Increases Attention and Focus
4. Decreases tightness in muscles and joints
5. Develops a strong Sense of Self
6. Encourages Verbal Expression
All Special Needs Private Sessions are designed and led by our Founder and Director Nashita Dastur. These One-On-One sessions are held Saturday mornings. To inquire about openings or
if you have any questions about Special Needs yoga for your child, please reach out directly to Nashita - Nashita@kindkarma.com
**We always protect our clients' privacy. However, if you want to connect with parents of our current special needs students, we will
do our best to accommodate your request**